- Methods for Building Semantic Portals: dissertation defense by Osma Suominen
Osma Suominen defended his dissertation “Methods for Building...
9.9.2013 15:46 by eahyvone
- Outstanding Paper Award from Semantic Web Journal
The SeCo paper Eetu Mäkelä, Eero Hyvönen, and Tuukka Ruotsalo: How...
19.11.2012 23:15 by eahyvone
- First textbook on cultural heritage linked data published
Morgan & Claypool, Palo Alto, CA published the SeCo textbook...
30.10.2012 7:37 by eahyvone
- Osma Suominen and Christian Mader: Assessing and Improving the Quality of SKOS Vocabularies
- Tuukka Ruotsalo, Krister Haav, Antony Stoyanov, Sylvain Rochee, Elena Fanid, Romina Deliaic, Eetu Mäkelä, Tomi Kauppinen and Eero Hyvönen: Context-aware Information Filtering on the Web of Data: The SMARTMUSEUM system
- Eetu Mäkelä, Kaisa Hypén and Eero Hyvönen: Fiction Literature as Linked Open Data - the BookSampo Dataset
- Nina Laurenne, Jouni Tuominen, Hannu Saarenmaa and Eero Hyvönen: How to make species checklists understandable to machines -- a shift from relational databases to ontologies
- A faceted bROwSEr by any other name?
When doing research for my thesis, I’ve found that there’s...
25.8.2007 1:04 by oisuomin
- RDF ? Hit?n'run in Doom style
Does RDF resources and properties make you sick? No problem, you can...
23.11.2006 21:00 by kimvilja
- Inside Semantic Computing
Welcome to the blog of the Semantic Computing Research Group SeCo!...
19.11.2006 14:39 by kimvilja
SeCo welcomes you!
The Semantic Computing Research Group (SeCo) researches machine-processable semantics related to, e.g., the Semantic Web. We are located at the Aalto University, School of Science, Department of Media Technology. Our group consists of researchers both from the Aalto University, School of Science, Department of Media Technology and University of Helsinki, Department of Computer Science.
Our research is focused on semantic media technologies, such as the Semantic Web and intelligent web services. In addition to research and publications, we also create prototype applications that demonstrate the new possibilities of semantic technologies, such as semantic portals for end-users, semantic infrastructural services, and ontologies and tools for creating semantic applications.